Model 3: "Butter-soft" Furniture by Fernando Mastrangelo
"Butter-soft" Furniture is designed by Fernando Mastrangelo. His idea is to create a butter smooth furniture using cement. This project is a scaled model of one of his furniture. Below is the real furniture by the artist himself. Let's start with the process. I first plotted out the design using AutoCAD software and then print them in A3 paper. I then traced the design onto a foam core, and then roughly trim them using foam cutter into manageable size and shape. I then loaded the foam into lathe machine securely and started setting up the machine to carve the foam. I then carefully carved the foam into desired shape. I started with the bottom part of the model. After carving out the desired shape, I sanded it roughly. And then I cut out the unnecessary part using hand saw. I then proceeded to carve out the top part as well. And sanded it after I got the desired shape. I used plaster to apply onto the mode...
Comments
Post a Comment